In your pivotal, rewarding role as Biostatistician III, your responsibilities will very based on collaborations. They may include the following: lightly supervised collaborative work, work requiring acquisition of statistical and clinical knowledge with limited guidance, providing supervision of other biostatisticians and programmers.
Key functions and expected performances may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Collaborate with a research team on the design of a research project with moderate or minimal supervision
a. Provide statistical expertise in the design of research projects, focusing on fundamental issues including specification of hypotheses and basic study design
b. Actively collaborate with the research team in the design of methods to collect information, including the design of questionnaires and other data collection instruments, following the study design developed for the research program
c. Actively collaborate the development of operations and procedures for the collections, editing, verification and management of data
d. Actively collaborate in the preparation of the preliminary plan for analysis of a research study; provide feedback to plans from/to the research team and review/edit final analysis plans based on team input
2. Serve as a leader to ensure objectives are met
a. Actively contribute to the setting of intermediate project goals and tasks
b. Actively communicate logistical considerations for successful task processing
3. Collaborate as a member of a research team on the implementation and analysis of a research project
a. Implement planned analysis, including data verification and data correction as necessary, using one or more systems of computer hardware and statistical analysis software for the management and analysis of data with moderate supervision
b. Assist in directing the work of technical staff engaged in the collection or analysis of statistical data
c. Display a high level of professionalism and emotional intelligence in direct interactions with collaborators and colleagues
d. Effectively meet independently with investigators
4. Actively collaborate in the publication of research projects
a. Actively contribute to the preparation of written reports and oral presentations summarizing data analysis results, including detailed description of statistical methods, detailed analysis of results, and synthesis of conclusions from summary tables with moderate supervision
b. Meet and present analyses to collaborators independently as needed
* Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or related area
* 2 or more years of related experience
* 3-5 years of working history of sustained excellent performance post degree
* Experience with S-PLUS or R
* Strong data management, cleaning, and reporting skills
* Familiarity with REDCap
* Experience with reproducible research and auditable/replicable data flow and analysis
* Strong understanding of the regulatory environment
This is a standard Monday - Friday day time role with flexibility required and extended based on business needs.
The Department of Biostatistics at VUMC was founded in 2003, tasked with the mission of bringing biostatistical expertise to the Vanderbilt community. With the unflagging support of the School of Medicine, and the diligence and creativity of our faculty and staff, we daily fulfill our mission: engaging in cutting-edge statistical methodology research, providing collaborative support and educational resources for biomedical and basic science researchers across the university, and training a new generation of biostatisticians. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/biostatistics/ .
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health : among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.