Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Lifepoint Health has an opportunity for a Director of Data Automation & Transformation to join the Enterprise Transformation team!
The Director, Data Automation and Transformation interacts with executives, business partners and stakeholders to gather data, perform business case development, and solution validation savings calculations. The role will use mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions and actionable information.
About Lifepoint Health:
Lifepoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities. We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
Essential Functions: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Report and forecast value/savings for all ETO initiatives
- Partner with Lean candidates for business case development and value realization measurements
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Complete ad hoc analysis as needed to help executives and project leaders understand and interpret initiative results
- Communicate value capture/savings results to the Executive Leadership Team for Portfolio Programs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities within datasets and through analytical work
- Partner with project leaders at all levels to understand their current data capabilities and improve their Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting processes
- Build Dashboard capabilities to improve process/performance visibility across assigned programs/projects
- Recommend, design, and develop actionable analytic solutions for key business problems through in-depth investigations of business trends and outcomes
- Work directly with aligned business partners and assist in requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation to ensure professional relationship management
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to understand the business needs, identify any operational barriers and issues, and facilitate their resolution
- Develop subject matter expertise in the business needs and serve as a consulting resource for the clinical analytic needs of the stakeholders
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors.
Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Exhibit a [comprehensive] understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
Not responsible for supervising employees.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Skills and Abilities:
Statistical Mathematical Skills -- Ability to work with mathematical and algebraic concepts such as probability, statistical inference, and forecasting. Ability to apply and analyze concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Advanced Technical Computer Skills -- Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate / advance programming, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages.
Complex Communication -- Frequently communicates complex information and interacts with management. Can present, resolve and address delicate situations. Can motivate and persuade others.
Organizational Impact -- Decisions have significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a division. Job contributes to decisions on the overall strategy and direction of LifePoint.
Varied Business Problems -- Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices.
Functional Independent Judgement -- Provides and sets goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices, and programs. Makes decisions for and/or resolves problems for others.
Project Management -- Handle multiple projects simultaneously including task delegation, project oversight, and resource allocation.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment & Travel Requirements:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air
Competitive pay and benefits including 401k, paid time off, employee illness benefit (EIB), medical, dental, vision.
Lifepoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Financial Analysis, or related field
5+ years of experience in a data analytics role with experience in both data analysis and reporting.