In this role you will assist with one or more healthcare, administrative, or financial products or applications including day-to-day operational issues, break/fix, configuration, maintenance, upgrades and on-call rotations with some guidance.
Designs, builds, installs, configures, and/or develops software to support clinical, administrative, financial and operational workflows.
Analyzes clinical, administrative, financial or operational workflows supported by the assigned products and their relationship to the technical environment in which they operate.
May perform analysis and design of supporting technical infrastructures.
Supports clinical, administrative, financial, revenue, or operational implementations for assigned products which may also include testing and QA, reporting, product life cycle, communication/collaboration with customers and vendors, and training users.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Has a general working knowledge of the product and of key product terminology. Some training, direct exposure, light experience, or past experience working with the product.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Possesses a fundamental knowledge of the industry. Has experience in one or more of the lines of business. Is familiar with the competition.
PROBLEM MANAGEMENT (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Has light experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting. Is familiar with the Company's problem report format, as well as problem tracking procedures and tools.
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- New to most/all assigned products/ systems. Learns to analyze and develop solutions to minimally complex clinical, administrative, financial, operational, and technical issues related to assigned product(s). Gains experience in design, build, configure, and install efforts to meet business needs. Successfully handles simple break/fix service issues.
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING - (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Possesses fundamental knowledge of configuration management. Learns to apply changes and develop new functions based on understanding of the design of the system. Follows prescribed processes and guidelines established by the department to implement changes and develop new functions. Learns to develop simple configuration management plans.
TESTING - (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Learns to execute pre-designed program test data, load testing, and ensures validity of data passed among programs. Learns to use basic quality assurance processes, tools, and scripts for testing purposes.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement.
Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant experience
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.