Location: TEMECULA, California
Join the UHS SoCal Medical Education Team!
The UHS Southern California Medical Education Consortium, develops graduate medical education (GME) residency and fellowship programs within the Southwest Healthcare Acute care hospitals. Our programs offer unique training opportunities to the next generation of healthcare providers and integrated into the core mission of the hospitals: to provide convenient access to a wide range of healthcare services in a way that benefits you, your family, and the entire community.
Providing a solid, sound foundation for learning, training, and new opportunities, has been the key to our success. If you have the passion to mentor graduates so they are prepared for the career they choose, you're in the right place! Apply now! For more information on how to join our dynamic team, please visit our website at www.swhealthcaresystem.com.
The UHS SoCal Medical Education Department is seeking a Chief Academic Officer (CAO)/Designated Institutional Official (DIO) who will be responsible for the central oversight, management and monitoring of all clinical GME programs. This position is home based in the Regional Office in Temecula, CA and will also have responsibilities as a Regional Physician Advisor. Duties include but not limited to:
- Lead the implementation of Graduate Medical Education for (SoCal MEC) across multiple Southwest Healthcare hospitals
- Responsible for ensuring that all future and current residency and fellowship programs maintain compliance with ACGME and Medical Board of California requirements
- Develop educational programs at the institutional level for implementation across all GME programs.
- Serve as a liaison with medical school affiliates.
- As a Medical Executive Board member, provide annual GME report and represent interests of Department of Graduate Medical Education.
- Manage all relationships and activities with regional and state education societies, associations and organizations.
- Requires a 100% commitment that actively reports and works in collaboration with the UHS, Inc. Corporate Vice President of Quality/Chief Medical Officer.
- Hybrid opportunity is open for discussion.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) required.
- Advanced degree in Education or Healthcare preferred (e.g. Masters or PhD in Education or Healthcare)
- Must possess the documented educational and administrative abilities necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the role and to achieve the goals and objectives of the program.
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years as a leader in graduate medical education (i.e., successfully holding a position as a GME Program Director, Director of Medical Education, Chief Academic Officer, or Designated Institutional Official) with an ACGME accredited training program(s).
- Must maintain an unrestricted license to practice medicine by the State of California.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate clinical competence as a practicing physician.
- A well-developed skill set related to leadership, management, communication, collegiality, teamwork, change agency and cultural sensitivity is necessary.
- Knowledge of medical education functions, processes and resources.
- Knowledge of, and compliance to, standards and requirements of accrediting bodies such as the ACGME, AOA, ACOI, AOCFP and other specialty colleges.
- Understanding of bylaws, rules/ regulations, policies and procedures, accreditation standards of the Joint Commission for Healthcare Accreditation Organization (JCAHO), federal, and state law.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be detail oriented, and handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans.
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan.
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program.
- Tuition, CEU, Certification, Licenses Reimbursement program.
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
Southwest Healthcare is owned and operated by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, PA-based company, that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or e-mails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS; via e-mail, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for the above-listed position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.